COVID 19 GUIDANCE - FOR GUESTS STAYING AT FROGMILL BED & BREAKFAST
Experiencing Covid-19 Symptoms
We sincerely hope that you will remain well during your stay with us. However if you feel unwell and have any of the following symptoms:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
We request that you:
- Immediately inform us,
- Self-isolate by staying in your room where you will minimise the risk of transmission.
- Request a test.
Government guidelines for accommodation guests experiencing Covid-19 symptoms are as follows:
"If you are confirmed to have COVID-19, you will need to return home if you reasonably can. If you cannot reasonably return home (for example because you are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), circumstances will need to be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Guests should follow Government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection."
Measures we have taken to reduce the risks of virus transmission:
- We will observe social distancing per government guidelines, and wear protectiveface masks indoors in public areas of the property
- Unless there are exceptional circumstances, at the moment we are unable to assist with taking your luggage to your room.
- Your room has been thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival.
- All linens and towels sanitised in high temperature wash.
- We have removed books and magazines and some of the decorative items from the rooms.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the front door of the cottage, please use on entry to the cottage.
- Frequent cleaning of public areas: hallway, bannisters, door knobs, guest lounge.
- The downstairs toilet is temporarily suspended from guest use – please only use the toilet in your room.
- If you are the only guests staying, you are welcome to choose your breakfast time between 8-9.30 am.
- If both rooms are occupied we will be serving breakfast separately in two time slots, 8.15 and 9.15. We apologise if your preferred time is not available.
- The breakfast buffet has been removed from the sideboard – items such as fresh fruit, fruit juice, cereals, yoghourts etc. will be offered with your order
- Printed menus are laminated and will be cleaned after each use.
- We will greet you when you arrive for breakfast; when you are seated and ready we will take your order from the doorway.
- Food will be prepared and served using protective masks and gloves.
- We will bring your food to the end of the long dining table and collect dishes from there when you are finished.
- The table will be completely cleared, sanitised and re-laid after each sitting.
Our normal procedure is to service the rooms on a daily basis when you leave for your day out including bed making, room cleaning, restocking trays. If you would prefer that we did not enter your room please let us know and ask for any further supplies you may need for your room.
We will aim for a contactless check-out by charging any balance due to the same payment method as the deposit via our booking system. We will email rather than print your copy of the invoice/receipt.
What we request you do to reduce the risks of virus transmission:
- We request that during your stay you maintain social distancing from your hosts and fellow guests as per current government guidelines wherever possible - we will respect any additional measures you wish to observe for your safety.
- Please wear protective face masks indoors in public areas of the property, except when seated for breakfast.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the front door when entering the cottage
- If you wish to borrow maps or guidebooks from the guest lounge please ask us and return to us for cleaning before they are used again.
- You are welcome to use the patio table and garden loungers but please check with us first that they have been appropriately disinfected.
- Please observe all social distancing guidelines when out and about to minimise the risk of bringing the virus back to Frogmill.