Frogmill is believed to date back to the early 1600s and was originally two thatched cottages, which were later combined; you can still see most of the original thatch in the attic. Extensions and alterations since then have created the house we have today. You can learn more from our copies of the Census since 1841 which give a fascinating insight to the history of the families who have lived here.
Now we open our house to you and hope that you will be as enchanted with it as we were when we first saw it early in 2011.
Our beautiful grounds
The grounds at Frogmill are one of its outstanding features. Nestling in 10 acres of garden, with a lake and a meandering stream, there are lovely walks to take through wild pasture and woodland with an abundance of birds and butterflies, as the sheep look on from the hills above.
- You can settle down by the cosy fire in our comfortable guest lounge, with leather sofas, reading material and games. On warmer days, open the French windows and enjoy the delightful, sunny terrace.
- Delicious breakfasts are served in the dining room with your fellow guests, looking out onto the south-facing terrace and garden.
- There is a drying area for outdoor gear and a secure lock-up for bicycles and other equipment.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access is available.
- Ample off-road parking available.
- The property is non-smoking throughout.
Due to the layout and structure of this character property, with guest bedrooms in the cottage on the first floor without lift access, it may not be suitable for guests with impaired mobility. However the Fingle Suite has access at ground floor level.